Tuesday, November 22, 2011

street children

Street children are those who have left their homes, their parents and choose the street to their home, shelter,parents and so on. Every children have a reason behind leaving their home or parents.It's not their conscious choice to live on the street and collect 'kawadi' for their survive. They even don't know about their future. " I left home because my father was drunkard and my mother ran brothel. Several fathers used to come at night and my mother's earning was good", said one of the street children about fourteen. while i was asking question one by one in the group of  Twelve children, they interfered to each other. They used vulgar words frequently. looking at the fat boy, I asked ," What is your name?" He replied instantly, " My name is Ram Ram Karki" in English. " You can speak English,. Have you ever been to any school?" He said," yes,I had been there, but my teacher beat me and escaped from there." These are few words they spoke to me. These children have their gang and also the gang leader. The gang leader commands everyone and they very often obey him too. They usually share foods, smoking, hasis etc. Sometimes they steal goods from shops.     " the police often arrests us", said one of them. It was about 7 pm. and there was severe cold. I asked " where do you sleep?" They didnt speak first. They might not have thought it important to answer since there was no fix place to sleep. The youngest one got up and walked along  to show me the place where he used to sleep. It was narrow lane outside the sutters after being closed at night. According to them dogs are the good friends at night because they make them warm at night sleeping together.
So, these are few spoken words. if we think about their unspoken tales of their lives, we can hardly hate them and accuse them as thief and ' khate'. Think about our children keeping into the shoes of theirs. Don't it hurt us?? Can we do something for them to rehabilitate in the society???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home